Friday 23 May 2014

Review: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Spoiler Free


So I went to see X-Men: Days of Future Past yesterday.
My feelings for this movie can be summed up in a single word: asdfghjkl!
It was freaking incredible, to top things off too, I went to an Everyman Cinema to watch it.

Now if you don't know what an Everyman Cinema is, it's a cinema that has sofas instead of rows of chairs, a bar that you can buy alcoholic drinks at and then take into the the screen. Pizza that you can buy and bring back to the little table that you have. The place was amazing! Being in an actual comfortable seat with tons of leg room just made me enjoy the movie more. Buying a gift card would be the perfect present for someone who enjoys movies.
But back to the movie.
For the two and a bit hours that I was sat there, I felt like I had hardly blinked at all for fear of missing a single thing.
Michael Fassbender as Magneto was absolutely mesmerizing, and of course I fancy the pants off him.
The whole cast was brilliant.
Both James McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence, showed us sides to their characters that we hadn't really seen before and they played their parts perfectly.

The small parts and cameos by other actors from throughout the franchise got me fangirling pretty hard. Storm, Jean, Rogue. There were so many, and I'm thankful that Bryan Singer brought together this huge and amazing cast.
Seeing Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen reprising their iconic roles had me swooning too. I love the two of them together and I wish I had their real life friendship. Seriously, google Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart. You're welcome.

The plot was riveting, the effects were flawless.
On my first time watching the film, I can honestly find no faults with it, and ideally I would like to go see it again at the cinema so I can really appreciate everything that is happening in the film, instead of just watching it.

This installment in the X-Men franchise is no doubt the best yet and I really do urge people to go and see the movie. Even if you aren't a fan of X-Men, it's a movie that everybody would enjoy. The film gets a five star rating from me.

The only think I can nit pick on is that, if you've followed the films, it's a little hard to work out the timeline in relation to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
But after coming homing and googling the X-Men timeline, that's all cleared up for me.


Next on my new release hit list. Godzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment